Monday, March 10, 2008

48 Hours and Here I Am

Well, it has been 48 hours since I found out I was coming to Samoa and I am now sitting aboard the NOAA Ship HI'IALAKAI sitting gently at the dock in Pago Pago on the Island of Tutuila in American Samoa. This is a change of pace. After a bit of running around picking up a few last minute things I was on the plane.  The flight was uneventful and, happily, I was picked up at the airport by several of my fellow scientists.  Pago Pago is very humid, even at eleven o'clock at night. We are in the middle of summer in the southern hemisphere after all.  It appears we are to have a VIP visit from the Governor and Cabinet tomorrow, so all hands on deck early to make things ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you are back. My brother is on the ship and I look forward to reading your blogs! Some how it makes the miles we are apart seem closer.

Can't wait to read your next blog!

Take Care,
Carrie Golden